Charity Number: 1041749
Worstead Pre-school (formally Dilham Pre-school) has been caring and educating children since 1988. It caters for 2 ÔÇô 5 year olds and provides a warm, welcoming, happy, relaxed, caring, secure and purposeful environment in which the children will develop to their full potential by learning through active play, exploration, experimentation and adult and peer interaction.
We deliver effectively a broad, balanced, relevant curriculum and develop self-motivation, confidence, self-discipline, respect and resilience.
We work closely in partnership with parents, to the benefit of the children and prepare children for the opportunities and experience of primary/first school.childrenÔÇÖs child development.
- All our permanent staff are trained in Early Years, to at least Level 3. Our Supervisor has a BA honours degree and her Early Years Professional Status.
- Our latest Ofsted grading (November 2014) was Outstanding across the board.
- We have experience with many children with Additional Needs, e.g. visual impairment, physical difficulties, children on the autistic spectrum or diagnosed with global development delay, gifted and talented children. Every child is welcomed and our environment adapted so each child reaches their full potential.
- We have experts on our staff team in Forest Schools, Music, ICT, Community Friendly Spaces, Communication, Language and Literacy, Mathematics and Science.
- We can access funding for 2 year old places, but this is means tested.
- All our staff have had children of their own so understand family life and itsÔÇÖ ups and downs.
- Our staff are in close contact with many health professionals and making necessary referrals or seeking advice is straightforward.
- Some of our staff have worked with primary aged children and understand all aspects of older childrenÔÇÖs child development.
- All parents are welcomed in to do rota and asked to complete a form to give feedback on how they think the session was run and what the children gained from their time at pre-school.
- A yearly questionnaire is issued to all parents to provide feedback and new suggestions to improve the pre-school.
- Children are asked to fill out a simple questionnaire twice a term, an adult scribes all their comments, this is another tool used to enhance our planning of activities.
If you are interested in finding out more please call Sue on 01692 535692 for an information pack, or visit our website: www.worsteadpreschool.co.uk